Going from top to bottom of the payout invoice, you can find a deeper understanding of all the line items in the breakdown below. Please note that the presented invoice has strictly been created for demonstrative purposes, but it reflects an authentic invoice that you, as a broadcaster, will see within your dashboard.
Invoices are being generated by a self-billing mechanism i.e. Cleeng Merchant generates an invoice on behalf of the seller (the broadcaster (3) and Cleeng (7)) as the purchaser of content and pays the broadcaster based on the services rendered.
Invoice Line Items
According to the numbers presented below, the invoice consists of:
- Date – The date the invoice was generated in Cleeng’s system
- Invoice # - The individual number of invoice registered in Cleeng's system
- Name – Broadcaster account name
- Address – The official address of the broadcaster's company
- VAT Number – Applicable only for EU and VAT-registered broadcasters
- Long text – Activity date range which states the period for which the invoice was generated
- Purchaser – Cleeng B.V. details set as a purchaser
- Total transaction – Quantity & value of total paid transactions over the period (note: this is the amount without tax collected by Cleeng. See more details about taxation.
- Pass – Depending on your sales model you will see the total of different paid offers. In this example, there are only pass offers.
- Canceled revenue – Quantity & value of canceled transactions
- Total revenue net – This shows the difference between total transactions and canceled revenue. This revenue is before Cleeng’s applicable fees
- Offers payment fees – Depending on your sales model you will see different types of fees collected by Cleeng, as agreed in your contract. In this example, we see payment fees for subscription offers. Read more about pricing.
- Offers service fees - Depending on your sales model you will see different types of fees collected by Cleeng, agreed on in your contract. In this example, we see service fees for subscription offers. Read more about pricing.
- Total earnings – Indicates how much was earned, excluding cancellation fees
- Chargeback fees – Cleeng collects €/$ 8 for each chargeback once occurred. See more details in section 5. of T&C.
- Cancellation fees – Cleeng collects €/$ 1 for each refund once occurred. See more details in section 5. of T&C.
- Previous service deposit – Money kept by Cleeng on your previous month’s payout which is now released with the current month’s payout calculation
- Total eligible earnings – Earnings after deduction of all Cleeng payment, service, and cancellation fees
- Service deposit – Amount of money kept by Cleeng for the recent period. Usually, it is 5% but it might vary due to the volume of cancellations on your account. Money will be released with the next payout.
- Subtotal – For Broadcasters outside the Netherlands, this value becomes the final amount a broadcaster can expect to receive in their bank account
- VAT Rate – This will become visible only for Broadcasters from the Netherlands. For those within the EU, a reverse-charge mechanism applies and the VAT rate becomes 0%. For broadcasters outside the EU, this rate becomes 0%.
- Sales tax – The amount of tax calculated according to the VAT Rate
- Total Payout – Expected wire amount a broadcaster can expect to receive in their bank account. Wires are being processed each 15th of the month. Please make sure to deliver accurate bank details before that date.
In some circumstances, the Cleeng Finance team will have to adjust the payout value manually. This situation is described and presented in the image below:
- Other fees – For broadcasters whose custom currency is different than EUR, GBP, and USD, Cleeng collects 2.5% from the Total Payout to cover currency exchange fluctuations as per Merchant Schedule. Accordingly, this amount will be deducted from the total payout amount. Other scenarios of additional costs will be discussed with the Broadcaster directly
- Refund – Amount returned back to the Broadcasters due to different reasons
- For any further questions, please contact the Cleeng Customer Success Team.