Creating a Coupon Campaign
Offering a discount can play a big role in the growth of a business. It can help to attract more viewers, increase your sales, improve your customer retention and build viewer's loyalty. So Cleeng made it easy for you to create a Coupons Campaign.
Now let's start!
On your Broadcaster dashboard, click on 'Coupons and promotions' - and start filling in a coupon form.
1. Key in your 'Campaign name'.
2. Number of coupons & Coupon code: You can choose to create either one coupon or multiple coupon codes.
3. Campaign applicable on: This refers to the type of offer you wish your coupon to be applicable on. Is it on all your content a recurring offer or a single offer?
4. Restrict campaign to: Refers to restriction of a coupon to a particular offers.
- The Cleeng event link contains the Offer ID. The ID starts with a letter and ends in your country code.
5. Discount: In this field, you can decide the percentage you wish to give to your viewers.
For example, if you want to give your viewer 50% off, they will be able to enter the promo code and receive 50% off while making the purchase.
If you want to give them access for free, then key in '100' for the viewers to have free access to your offer after entering the promo code.
6. Expires on date/upon activation: Here you decide whether you want a coupon or coupons to expire on a certain date or upon activation.
Click on '' then go to the 'Coupon campaigns' tab to activate the campaign.
7. Coupon Campaigns Tab: On this page, you will see your generated coupons campaigns.
- On the first coupon, I selected One (number of coupon) and use XZ9sBB which is the code that will be used by my viewers when they make a purchase.
- On the second coupon, I selected Multiple for individual coupon codes for each viewer which can be downloaded and will look like the image below. Upon downloading this list you will need to distribute these codes to your viewers.
Wondering how the 'Number of uses per user' differs from 'Expires per activation'?
1. 'Number of uses per user' lets you define how many times 1 unique buyer / unique email address will be able to use the coupon in the checkout.
2. 'Expires per activation' - max usage' helps you end your campaign after your selected amount of uses.
So let's say you set the 'Number of uses per user' as 1.
Then you decided that this campaign should expire after a maximum of 200 uses of the coupon.
If a viewer purchases access with this coupon code they will not be able to use it again. However, another viewer still will be able to use the same coupon code as long as the max. usages of 200 wasn't reached.
We use Number of use(s) per user for Non-recurring offers so that the system can detect how many times each viewer can use the coupon code. While we use Periods active for Recurring Offers since our system already knows that it’s for a subscription and can only be used once per period, each user can only use the coupon code once per period (monthly, weekly or annual). So for subscriptions, you’ll have to set it for how may periods each viewer can use the coupon code. Please note that subscription is recurring, so once a viewer used the coupon code, let’s say you set it to Periods active – 6, from the day the viewer activated the coupon code, it will automatically be applied for succeeding period until it’s used up(6 times).
Max usage refers to the total number of how many times a coupon code can be used for all users. So for example, you have 30 users and you will set a coupon for a subscription. And each user can use up the coupon code for a period of 6 months. Here’s how you will set it up:
Periods active = 6
Max usage = (30*6) =180
We have to multiply the total number of users to total number of periods active. In this way, 30 users can use up the coupon code for 6 months.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your offer comes with a 'free trial period' and a first time viewer applies a coupon code at the checkout, the trial period will be cancelled and the discounted coupon will take effect instead.
- How to stop a coupon campaign
- Updating an existing coupon code campaign
- Read a blog post we wrote that describes how to use coupons (plus some great tips & tactics)
For any other questions please contact the Cleeng Support Team for further help.