Seamless payments on mobile and TV apps (in-app purchases) enrich your portfolio with yet another payment method for your services. Customers can buy access to your video content directly from inside your native applications without being redirected to the web.
Cleeng integrates with Apple iOS and tvOS, Android, Amazon FireTV, and Roku for that matter (see more in the Integrations section).
It’s important to note that when you make a purchase through in-apps, Cleeng does not handle your payment. Cleeng acts as an observer and tracks in-app purchase lifecycle events to be in sync with the status of an in-app subscription and ensure the same access levels.
- Open up new revenue sources
In-app payments enable more purchase points for your video content and make for an easy and seamless experience for your viewers to consume content within the native application. Fostering a positive impact on your conversion rates.
- Enhance the user experience
From a user perspective, IAP offers a highly effective UX by allowing your viewers to make a purchase without having to leave the application, or their couch for that matter to go find the nearest computer. Friction of any kind often deters users from completing the purchase.
- ‘Freemium’ model
Apps can be offered for free making it more attractive for people to download and access them before being charged in the app store. Whereafter, multiple in-app offer packages can be introduced to access your premium content directly. This is an effective way to give your audience a glimpse of the application before committing.
How do In-App payments work
Integration with in-apps allows to reduce complexity for you as a broadcaster:
- Cleeng manages entitlements. Subscription creation and access validation are based on a digital document provided to Cleeng during the initial purchase. It consists of transaction data and subscription details and serves as the source of information for Cleeng.
- After creating a subscription Cleeng will listen to notifications and manage the entitlements in accordance with the current status.
- When the subscription is canceled in the app store Cleeng will sync the entitlements accordingly. Subscription and transaction data will be available in the Cleeng dashboard reporting and analytics.
- It makes it easy for you to allow users to access content across different platforms when the subscription is bought through one of them. All you need to do is use the standard APIs for the entitlement validation getAccessStatus() or getAccessibleTags().
How to connect In-App offers with Cleeng
Please refer to our step-by-step guide on how to integrate Cleeng with different app stores and connect Cleeng with IAP offers.