How to avoid chargebacks?
- European and American chargeback guidelines
- What happens if a chargeback is awarded to the viewer?
- How can you minimize or even prevent chargebacks?
What is a chargeback?
A chargeback occurs when a credit cardholder contacts their bank to initiate a refund for a purchase made on their credit card. Chargebacks arise for a variety of reasons: a cardholder is dissatisfied with their purchase, charges were made illegally on their card or they have changed their mind.
A number of chargebacks are a result of a fraud: some of them are caused by an unauthorized use of the stolen card or the cardholder is purposely seeking to dispute a legitimate purchase they made.
Chargebacks exist to protect viewers and help protect against card charges that occur without the consent of a card owner. This means that Cleeng as the official vendor for your content cannot prevent chargebacks from happening (actually - no online merchant can). But we do dispute the chargebacks and we sometimes win.
Please see the European and American chargeback guidelines:
What happens if a chargeback is awarded to the viewer?
If a financial institution awards a chargeback in favor of the viewer:
• The funds are automatically deducted from Cleeng and paid back to the viewer
• Cleeng automatically updates your financial information within the dashboard (you will be able to see this within your cancellation report)
• The viewers access is automatically revoked
How can you minimize or even prevent chargebacks?
The best way to deal with chargebacks is to prevent them from happening in the first place.
• Provide accurate descriptions of your products on your website. We show how to do it here
• Once we inform you about a chargeback claim, please respond to the chargeback as quickly as possible. A limited amount of time is available to resolve a chargeback. If you delay, you may miss your opportunity to fight the chargeback.
• Accurately describe your product.
- For any further questions, please contact the Cleeng Customer Success Team