How does the geographical restriction feature work?
Geo Restricting content can be a very important and sort after feature especially for broadcasters who only hold rights to content in particular locations. While using Cleeng, broadcasters can decide to restrict access to their premium content in specific countries. For example, if want your Live PPV event or Subscription VOD's to be available only to US-based viewers, you can use the Geo restriction feature to set these parameters.
How to set it up
If you are using the Cleeng API to set up your offers, then please follow this link to our developers page that further explains how to geo-restrict your content.
If you're using the Cleeng Dashboard to set up your offers, then please follow the steps below:
- Go to 'My Offers' > then choose either Live event/ Video on demand > create a new offer
- Completed the necessary fields in step 1
- In Step 2 you will set your price and choose where you want to broadcast to by selecting either 'Worldwide' or 'In a specific Country'
- After choosing 'In specific countries', you'll be presented with a map on which you can define the countries where the broadcast will be available. The image below, dictates that this particular offer will only be available in the USA and Brazil
- Then click Save
Important to note, that customers from our outside of the specified countries will be able to view the page where the content is being distributed, but will not be able to purchase or access it. They will receive a message that reads, "This video is not available in your current location".
- For any further questions, please contact the Cleeng Customer Success Team