Prior to creating an event on the Cleeng platform, you first need to make sure you registered with one of the OVPs that allows for the live streaming of events (Brightcove Kaltura, Livestream, Ooyala or a similarly acceptable one). After that, you will have to register an account with Cleeng and create your first event pre-booking page (we call it 'Creating an event').
How to create a Live pay-per-view event
2. Click on 'Live event' under 'My offers' (left menu) and create a new event. Add your event details, such as the event name, start and ending dates and description. Define what type of event it is and estimate the number of viewers.
3. Now decide whether you want this event to be a free event or a paid one and set the desired price. Define whether your event should be available worldwide or only within specific countries (to read more about Geo restriction, look here >>
Also, we offer you an easy way to associate your live and on-demand offers.
3ii. Please note there are two options fee options when setting a price for your event. Firstly by selecting the first box you can pass on the fee to the buyer as shown in the image below
By selecting the second box you can absorb the fee as shown in the image below,
4. Select your streaming platform and then paste the embed code you copied from this platform.
5. Select your streaming platform and then paste the embed code you copied from this platform. We have a few video tutorials from the following OVP's that will help you to copy/paste your embed code:
6. Now it's time to promote your event to build as much buzz around it as possible.
- Write an exciting teaser, then add links to your social media outposts.
- Add a YouTube preview/promo and create a hashtag.
7. Click on 'Publish an event page'. You'll notice that your pre-booking appears. From here, you can change the background image, logo, or button colors in the “Page settings” before publishing it.
8. Once you publish, copy the link to your event page and start promoting your event. However, if you plan to sell the event from your own website and have your viewers log in to the broadcast from there, click on 'Embed event' option. Then copy/paste the embed onto your website.
IMPORTANT: When embedding an event on your website, you need to include the event FAQs there, along with the customer support ticket submission form. If you decide to skip this step, we won't be able to help your viewers. Please read carefully how to add this to your website>>