Creating coupons is really easy, and you can do it for your video on-demand offers, including subscriptions. Click on 'Coupons' (your main navigation on the left hand side) and start filling in a coupon form.
So, let's first create a coupon:
1. Give your campaign a name.
2. Number of coupons & coupon code: You can choose to create either one coupon or multiple promo codes. A coupon code is only visible/editable if you choose only one coupon. If you create multiple coupons, we will generate coupon codes for you automatically.
3. Campaign applicable on: Enter the ID of an event offer (see point 6) that the coupon should be applied to and then choose from the drop down menu. 'subscription offers' or 'non-recurring offers' (single videos).
4. Number of use(s) per user: This refers to the amount one given user can apply a specific coupon.For example if you want to give away 5 rental videos per person with 50% discount, you can set this to 5. In most cases you can keep this on 1, if you want to give a discount that can only be used once per user.
5. Applied specific offers: In the event that you sell a large number of different offers, you can decide here whether coupons should be applied for a specific offer. This is the place where you enter the specific offer IDs.
6. Discount: Here you can decide whether your customers will have discounted access to your offer(s). If, for example, you grant your customer 50% off the offer, they will be able to enter the promo code and get 50% off while making the purchase.
If you grant them free access (you can do so by setting 'Discount' to '100' to generate a coupon for free access to a particular content item), your customer will get entirely free access to your offer after entering the promo code.
7. Expires on date/upon activation: Here you decide whether you want a coupon or coupons to expire on a certain date or upon activation.
Click on 'Generate coupons' and then go to the 'Coupon campaigns' tab to activate the campaign.
Wondering how does the 'Number of uses per user' differ from 'Expires per activation'?
1.This refers to the amount one given user can apply a specific coupon.For example if you want to give away 5 rental videos per person with 50% discount, you can set this to 5. In most cases you can keep this on 1, if you want to give a discount that can only be used once per user.
2. 'Expires per activation - max uses' refers to the total amount of usage this coupon can have before the campaign expires. For example after 100 times used the campaign will be expired. So you can use this to say “First 100 people get a 50% discount”.
So let's say you set the 'Number of uses per user' as 1.
Then you decided that this campaign should expire after max 200 uses of a coupon.
If one customer buys the access with a coupon code they got from you they won't be able to use this coupon code with their email anymore. The coupon code was applied. However, another customer still will be able to use the same coupon code as long as the max. usages of 200 wasn't reached.