I. How refunds reach us?
Currently, we receive refund requests in 3 different ways:
1. Directly from the broadcasters - when they forward us a refund requests from their viewers.
2. Directly to Zendesk, whether as a reply to a receipt that was sent to viewers after the purchase, or a ticket created within the FAQ for, on the event website; or through a ticket submission form from within our Cleeng Help forum.
3. To our in-house Dashboard cancellation page - this happens when a viewer requests refund from their account.
4. Also, a few days after the event is over, we may receive chargeback requests, filed directly by the viewer with their banks.
*Please note that viewers can also reach out directly to you as a broadcaster (via email, Facebook etc.) and you can cancel the transaction within your Cleeng Dashboard, without Cleeng's intervention.
II. Refund policy
We have a transparent policy for granting refunds to your viewers:
- Here’s the version for the Broadcaster: http://cleeng.com/us/cleeng-publisher-agreement point 9.3.
- And here's for the viewer: http://cleeng.com/us/cleeng-user-agreement point 8.6
As you can read in the above documents, we process most of the refund requests automatically on our end, after validating the reason against our policies.
In case of doubts, we always contact our broadcasters to validate the refund requests (edge cases), that cannot be handled based only our refund policy.
* For Live event broadcasters: we contact the broadcaster after every day of the event with a list containing all requested refunds.
III. How to see transactions that were processed?
You can easily see all processed refunds from your Dashboard. Use this FAQ to learn more.