Core is a Subscriber Management System (SMS) designed for media. It enables user management and monetization of video content in a variety of paid business models – subscriptions, live pay-per-view, video on demand, and passes.
Core handles all aspects of subscriber management for OTT video platforms, in particular:
- Identity and access: enable viewers to create, access, and manage their accounts.
- Product entitlement: allows broadcasters to set up different types of offers for their customers, for example, subscriptions, season passes, live pay-per-view, etc., as well as create offer localizations to adjust offers and restrict purchases based on user geolocation. Viewers can access content that’s part of their offering using different devices (web and native apps, including mobile apps, SmartTV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Hulu, etc.)
- Subscriber billing: facilitates payments through certified payment gateway integrations with Adyen, PayPal, Altapay, and many other providers, creation of promotional campaigns and coupons, integration with tax solutions, as well as adjusting pricing based on currency, tax, payment method, or geolocation. At the same time, it enables viewers to upgrade or downgrade their plan, and review invoices and payment methods.
- Customer service: allows broadcasters to manage customer subscriptions, access transaction data, as well as handle refunds and chargebacks.
- Churn analytics: if you use Core you automatically get access to our predictive churn analytics product – ChurnIQ. It enables subscriber segmentation, shows subscriber growth and churn trends, and connects to marketing tools so that certain changes in your customers’ behavior trigger targeted campaigns.
Core’s developer’s toolkit includes open APIs, relevant documentation, Sandbox environment, and MediaStore SDK, a set of front-end modules for your platform, such as a registration form, full purchase flow, my account, etc., that you can easily customize with your branding and be sure they’re compatible with the way your platform works.
Thanks to a number of integrations, you can connect Core with other tools, including payments, identity management, customer care, marketing, and more.
Core, like all the products in the Cleeng stack, is powerful alone, but better together. Merchant outsources subscriber billing and tax management to a team of financial experts. While Hi5 provides access to a team of customer care agents specialized in video platforms.
- Maximizing your monetization efforts: thanks to the flexible types of offers, offer localizations, and coupons you can easily implement simple and complex monetization strategies.
- Improved conversion and customer retention: Core includes coupon options, subscription upgrade/downgrade, and real-time account updater. Together with ChurnIQ, it becomes even more powerful, as it can trigger campaigns in other marketing tools based on changes in subscribers’ behavior, such as lower engagement with the content.
- Quick frictionless installation: thanks to the open-source APIs, complete documentation, and MediaStore SDK, the integration process is straightforward and cost-effective.
- Specifically designed for Media & Entertainment companies: Core includes all the relevant app integrations and adjusts to all points in the subscriber lifecycle.
Core has a proven track record in optimizing broadcasters’ costs by 40% and increasing the revenue by at least 30%.