As the GDPR regulation started in May 2018, Cleeng Capture can be a very handy feature for obtaining marketing consent from end-users. Premium content owners can easily create questions and other input fields (ex. checkboxes) and ask for consent to legal terms, policies and marketing communication. By collecting consent, that broadcaster/content owner can secure the right to do mass marketing communication to those users.
How to activate Capture?
Here is a quick screencast of the below set up instructions.
Step by step guide:
- First, log in to your Broadcaster dashboard and under the ‘Customer Relationships’ tab you will be able to find ‘Cleeng Capture’. Here you can turn Cleeng Capture on. **Please note that once you have turned this function on it will be activated across all of your content including Live PPV, VOD, and SVOD.
- Second, you will be presented with a preview of your checkout flow. These will be the exact steps that your viewers will take when purchasing your content.
- The third step is the most important. This is where you can choose what information you would like your viewer to provide you with through default fields. With the first four default fields, all you need to do is check the box on the left-hand side if you wish to use them and if you would like these fields to be mandatory check the box on the right-hand side.
Next, the marketing opt-in and terms and conditions are enabled by default. If you would like to add in your own companies T&C’s, please add your link in the box provided.
- Fourth, is choosing your custom fields. This is where you can really gain a deeper understanding of your viewers with up to 4 questions. For example, you could ask what hair colour do you like the most, or which sport do you watch the most. Add in a series of answers which will appear in a drop-down menu and if you would like to make it mandatory, please check the 'required' box on the right-hand side.
For a more customized experience, you can use our API reference (saveCaptureQuestions) by visiting this link- https://developers.cleeng.com/save-capture-questions . With this API you may set up a lot of questions (up to all default + 4 custom) that you can't do while setting up Capture from dashboard.
- Last but not least click the 'save' button at the bottom of your page.
Now we would like you to show you the what the check out looks like from a viewer's perspective. After your viewer has clicked the purchase button, this page will appear with all the questions you have selected. Please note that is you have not checked the required box in the setup, the word optional will appear inside the field.
The drop-down menu for the viewer questions you have chosen will look like this.
Meanwhile, I’m sure you are asking yourself, where can I find the results from Cleeng Capture? You can simply click on ‘Accounts’, under the 'Reporting' section. Here you can also download the report.
Any custom reports that you generate will appear inside the 'Downloads' tab under the 'Reporting' section.
Please note that the information which was captured will also populate in the receipt for the viewer.
Cleeng Capture and GDPR in practice
Here is how the new user consent window will look like after the GDPR updates. Note that the third and fourth checkboxes are related to the Cleeng broadcaster after the Cleeng Capture is enabled and the fields are set up.
Below is the previous solution, with the two separate pop-up windows:
- For any further questions, please contact the Cleeng Customer Success Team