Cleeng and the GDPR
- What and Who
- What has Cleeng prepared for GDPR compliance?
- Understanding the Individual Rights, Roles, and Liabilities
What and Who
The GDPR is a European Union (EU) privacy law that will affect businesses around the world when it becomes enforceable on May 25, 2018. It regulates how any organization that is subject to the Regulation treats or uses the personal data of people located in the EU. Personal data is any piece of data that, used alone or with other data, could identify a person. If you collect, change, transmit, erase, or otherwise use or store the personal data of EU citizens, you'll need to comply with the GDPR.
The GDPR will replace an older directive on data privacy, Directive 95/46/EC. More at eugdpr.org
What has Cleeng prepared for GDPR compliance?
As a Europe-based company that does business globally, Cleeng has been continuously following European privacy regulations and set the bar high in terms of data protection.
In the past months, we were committed to achieving full compliance with the GDPR laws by May 25th, 2018. By working closely with our legal and tech teams, we improved our services, internal practices, and policies over the last year.
And here are some of the major updates we released:
- Further strengthened user data encryption across all transmit, databases, backups, and service tools;
- Enabled GDRP-friendly registration forms for both end-users and broadcasters;
- Developed a consent management mechanism with version control;
- Synced with our technology partners on the steps were taken;
- Established a clear process in case of privacy breach.
Understanding the Individual Rights, Roles, and Liabilities
Cleeng respects your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. If you acquire a subscription, we provide personal data to the Content provider in order to enable the Content provider to provide you with its services and further process personal data in accordance with the Content provider's policies.
- Why and how Cleeng collects, uses and stores your personal data;
- The lawful basis on which your personal data is processed;
- What your rights and our obligations are in relation to such processing; and
- Cleeng's personal data principles.
Cleeng WILL NOT SELL your personal information and data to any third party. Cleeng also will not sell or share Publisher or User data for marketing purposes without user permission. We will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements. Check the updated Cleeng legal documents here.
Cleeng acts as a Data Processor and may process personal data in order to provide the best service to its clients while complying with GDPR.
Cleeng broadcasters act as Data Controllers and they are responsible for the use of personal data, acquired by Cleeng in accordance with GDPR, the Data Processor.
Cleeng suppliers or external companies that provide their service to Cleeng, act as Data Processors too and they are responsible to handle personal data with utmost care, in accordance to GDPR.
- For any further questions, please contact the Cleeng Customer Success Team