Production vs Sandbox Environment
Cleeng provides two technical environments:
We encourage developers to build and test against the http://sandbox.cleeng.com server. Please see the sections below for the details of Cleeng Sandbox.
However, it is important to know that the API key, your user account, and the actual content references you are creating are NOT replicated in the production environment.
When going live, make sure that you have a Cleeng production account and API keys generated, and that you’re using production endpoints.
What is Cleeng Sandbox?
The Cleeng Sandbox is a testing environment made for new and existing broadcasters to know the main functionalities of Cleeng's production environment. All the emails from the Sandbox environment are marked as a demo.
The main benefit of the Sandbox is that broadcasters may use this before going live with Cleeng to reduce the number of questions about the platform's features. It is also a way to test implementations and functions. A few key notes:
- Functions in sandbox.cleeng.com and cleeng.com are the same
- Users database in Sandbox is NOT the same as in production and vice-versa
- Users can access all functions for free
Why use Sandbox?
Sandbox usage is a good practice to test new things without any risk. It gives broadcasters the ability to modify data without affecting real information and ensures that consumer data is secure while reflecting the real system.
How to use Sandbox?
To get started, creating a separate account is a must:
- Registration is the same as in production. Sign up here - https://sandbox.cleeng.com
- To take advantage of our API functions, get the API sandbox keys here: from http://sandbox.cleeng.com/dashboard/api-keys/index
See how to set up your testing environment and start testing.
- Payments and details are non-existent in this environment
- Enterprise licensed accounts and features for Sandbox are free
- Once you setup an offer, you can purchase your trial event using made-up payment information
- A detailed tutorial is available here: https://developers.cleeng.com/tutorials/cleeng-sandbox
- Sandbox should NOT be used for load tests. Cleeng production is well tested for large events, but please consult with your account manager on your volume.
- Sandbox should NOT be used for testing full sets of data migrations. Please use small batches to check only.