This term means a person or a business that operates or controls a marketplace and facilitates transactions by engaging, directly or indirectly, in communicating the offer and acceptance between a purchaser and a seller. As a result, Cleeng is deemed to be a marketplace facilitator for third-party sales facilitated through www.cleeng.com
This is relevant to Cleeng Merchant.
Marketplace Facilitator legislation is a set of laws that shifts the sales tax collection and remittance obligations from a third-party seller to the marketplace facilitator. As the marketplace facilitator, Cleeng will now be responsible to calculate, collect, and remit tax on sales sold by third-party sellers for transactions destined to states where Marketplace Facilitator and/or Marketplace collection legislation is enacted.
States which are currently effect in Marketplace Facilitator legislation:
- Alabama, January 1, 2019
- Connecticut, December 1, 2018
- District of Columbia, April, 1, 2019
- Iowa, January 1, 2019
- Minnesota, October 1, 2018
- Nebraska, April 1, 2019
- New Jersey, November 1, 2018
- Oklahoma, July 1, 2018
- Pennsylvania, March 1, 2018
- Washington, October 1, 2018
- South Dakota, March 1, 2019
- For any further questions, please contact the Cleeng Customer Success Team