What are customer parameters for offers?
Custom parameters are a type of attribute you can add to your Cleeng content offers. They are completely open for you to use as you like, and have a flexible key-value structure.
With these custom offer attributes, you can enrich your offers with any information you require that is not part of the default offer attribute set.
How can I use customer parameters?
Here are just a few examples of how you may use your custom parameters:
- Assign internal accounting codes to your content offers
- Add additional offer 'type' attributes, eg. 'team offers' for sports leagues or tournaments
- Add offer images to be called by your webstore for different purposes
- Offer versioning, eg, if you intend to update prices annually on an otherwise identical offer
- Flexible labelling, eg. allowing a partner organisation to use a different offer name on their web portals
Custom parameters are also very useful for managing large product catalogs, allowing you to generate your own categorisation and change it as you need to.
Where are my custom parameters displayed?
Custom offer parameters for your reference only. They will not be shown to customers unless you decide to display them. Nor will they be used in Cleeng's analytics.
You will always be able to view your custom parameters in your offer details pages, or in the API reference for that offer.