What are the custom parameters for offers?
Custom parameters are a type of attribute you can add to your Cleeng content offers. They are completely open for you to use as you like, and have a flexible key-value structure.
With these custom offer attributes, you can enrich your offers with any information you require that is not part of the default offer attribute set.
How can I use custom parameters?
Here are just a few examples of how you may use your custom parameters:
- Assign internal accounting codes to your content offers
- Add additional offer 'type' attributes, eg. 'team offers' for sports leagues or tournaments
- Add offer images to be called by your webstore for different purposes
- Offer versioning, eg, if you intend to update prices annually on an otherwise identical offer
- Flexible labeling, eg. allowing a partner organization to use a different offer name on their web portals
Custom parameters are also very useful for managing large product catalogs, allowing you to generate your own categorization and change it as you need to.
Where are my custom parameters displayed?
You can view your custom parameters in your offer details pages, or in the API reference for that offer.
Custom offer parameters are not shown to the customers in the UI unless you decide to display them. But they are shown to both end-users and yourself in API.
Custom offer parameters are not used in Cleeng's analytics.