If you use Cleeng Merchant, Cleeng collects VAT on your behalf in the EU and some non-EU countries in Europe.
Cleeng Merchant and VAT rules:
- Your viewers are automatically charged the correct VAT rate per country in which they are located at the time of sale (not the seller’s or product's location). There’s no further action or configuration required from you as a broadcaster.
- Cleeng uses the VAT One Stop Shop (VAT OSS) scheme to report and pay VAT within the EU – the total VAT is collected per country, and the administration dispatches money to particular countries.
- Your viewers see gross prices (incl. VAT) – as opposed to the net prices displayed to the users located in the US and Canada, where the sales tax is calculated at checkout.
- The broadcaster payout that you receive from Cleeng is made excluding VAT.
- To check all the current VAT rates across different European and non-European countries, please refer to International VAT and GST rates.
- If you are operating in a non-EU country in Europe, reach out to our sales team or your Account Manager at Cleeng, to learn about the current degree of tax management provided by Cleeng Merchant in that country.
- Brexit and VAT: Although sales to UK viewers can no longer be reported through OSS VAT return, Cleeng continues to collect and account for the VAT from sales to UK customers on your behalf.
- Switzerland and VAT: Historically, prices for offers localized in Switzerland were exclusive of VAT; however, prices for Switzerland are now treated as inclusive of VAT on the Cleeng platform. Learn more about how VAT works for content offers in Switzerland.