In the OTT Industry, it's no secret that viewers like to get discounts or coupon codes. With over 64 different coupon combinations to use, Cleeng Core's Coupon Campaign allows you to offer an effective small advertisement that will surely help you attract more viewers, increase sales and improve customer retention.
With Cleeng Core, we always make sure that both viewers and broadcasters will benefit from our services. Below are a few reasons on why having Coupon Campaign is beneficial for you:
- Increase sales. Discounted coupon codes will surely attract more viewers.
- Increase branding and awareness. Distributing coupon codes will expose your brand more and will serve as a small advertisement which you can spread.
- Get back churned users. With considerable discounts, you can entice churned users into subscribing back.
- Improved customer retention. Having users start their subscription with a coupon code gains them trust with your brand and encourages them to stay as a loyal subscriber.
How to create a Coupon Campaign?
- Log in to your Cleeng Dashboard.
- Go to "Coupons and promotions" tab under the Customer Relationship section.
- Key in your 'Campaign name'.
- Select on the number of coupon codes: You can choose to create either one coupon or multiple coupon codes.
5. Select to which campaign applicable the codes should be. This refers to the type of offer you like your coupon to be associated with. (Is it on all your content, a recurring offer, or a single offer?)
6. Select to which offer you'll restrict campaign to. This refers to the restriction of a coupon to a particular offer. You have to simply enter the offer IDs you will be associating the campaign with. You can leave it empty if you want to apply it for all offers.
How to get the offer IDs?
- For Live Events or VODs, simply go the URL and copy the code which starts with E or A.
- For Subscription offers, simply click on the gear icon in the subscriptions section and copy the data offer ID.
7. Discount: You can decide the discount percentage you wish to give to your subscribers in this field.
For example, if you want to give your viewer 50% off, they will be able to enter the promo code and receive 50% off while making the purchase.
If you want to give them access for free, then key in '100' for the viewers to have free access to your offer after entering the promo code.
8. Expires: This will determine whether you like the coupons to expire on a certain date or upon activation during the checkout.
9. Lastly, Click on 'Generate Coupons' then go to the 'Coupon campaigns' tab to activate the campaign.
Difference between Number of uses per user and Expires per activation
- 'Number of uses per user' lets you define how many times 1 unique buyer / unique email address will be able to use the coupon in the checkout.
- We use this for Non-recurring offers so the system can detect how many times each viewer can use the coupon code.
- We use Periods active for Recurring Offers as the system already detects it's for a subscription and each user can only use the coupon code once per period (monthly, weekly or annual).
2. 'Expires per activation' - 'max usage' helps you end your campaign after your selected amount of uses.
Max usage refers to the total number of how many times a coupon code can be used for all users.
For example, you have 30 users and you will create a coupon for a subscription. Each user can use up the coupon code for a period of 6 months. Here’s how you will set it up:
Periods active = 6
Max usage = (30*6) =180
We have to multiply the total number of users to a total number of periods active. In this way, 30 users can use up the coupon code for 6 months.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your offer comes with a 'free trial period' and a first-time viewer applies a coupon code at the checkout, the trial period will be cancelled and the discounted coupon will take effect instead.
Coupon Campaigns Tab
On this page, you will see your generated coupons campaigns and the specific details in it, including the Campaign name, type of offers the campaign is applicable on, Discount percentage, Total coupons, total redeemed coupons, tags and offers applied (if applicable), expiry dates and actions (if it was ended or active).
- How to Deactivate and Update Coupon Campaigns
- Read a blog post we wrote that describes how to use coupons (plus some great tips & tactics)
Coupon Campaigns must be effectively managed to receive the greatest benefit. Cleeng Core's Coupon Campaign is a key to develop your coupon strategy that will surely improve your business.
- For any further questions, please contact the Cleeng Customer Success Team