This article explains why and how to set up coupon campaigns. A short video will give you an overview of coupon campaigns.
Why coupon campaigns?
In the OTT Industry, it's no secret that viewers like to get discounts or coupon codes. With so many different coupon combinations to use, Cleeng Core's Coupon Campaign allows you to offer an effective small advertisement that will surely help you attract more viewers, increase sales and improve customer retention.
With Cleeng Core, we always make sure that both viewers and broadcasters will benefit from our services. Below are a few reasons why having Coupon Campaign is beneficial for you:
- Increase sales. Discounted coupon codes will surely attract more viewers.
- Increase branding and awareness. Distributing coupon codes will expose your brand more and will serve as a small advertisement which you can spread.
- Get back churned users. With considerable discounts, you can entice churned users into subscribing back.
- Improved customer retention. Having users start their subscription with a coupon code gains their trust with your brand and encourages them to stay as a loyal subscriber.
How to create a Coupon Campaign?
- Log in to your Cleeng Dashboard.
- Go to the Coupon Management tab under the Offers & Coupons section.
- Enter your Campaign name.
- Decide on the number of coupon codes: You can choose to create either one coupon or multiple coupon codes.
- Select to which offers the codes should be applicable (Campaign applicable on). This refers to the type of offer you would like your coupon to be associated with. (Is it on all your content, a recurring offer, or a single offer?)
Select which offer you'll restrict campaign to. This refers to the restriction of a coupon to a particular offer. You have to simply enter the offer IDs you will be associating the campaign with. (To get the ID, go to the Offers tab under the Offers & Coupons section and copy the offer ID).
You can select to restrict the campaign to offers with particular tags, then simply enter the tags.
You can leave it empty if you want to apply it for all offers.
Discount: You can decide on the discount percentage you wish to give to your subscribers in this field.
- For example, if you want to give your viewers 50% off, they will be able to enter the promo code and receive 50% off while making the purchase.
- If you want to create precise value discounts, such as a $5-off promotion, define the discount percentage up to 2 decimal places.
If you want to give them access for free, then key in '100' for the viewers to have free access to your offer after entering the promo code.
In the case of 100% coupon codes, you can choose whether you want to require users to enter payment details or not, by selecting the checkbox below.
Important: 100% discount coupons can be applied for seasonal subscriptions, however, they must be restricted to one use per user.
Expires: This will determine whether you want the coupons to expire on a certain date or upon activation during the checkout. We recommend setting it up when creating a coupon campaign for a subscription offer.
- Lastly, click on Generate Coupons and then go to the Coupon campaigns tab to activate the campaign.
If you want to further optimize your coupon campaigns or grant free access for the so-called VIP checkouts, you can apply the one-click coupons.
How do one-click coupons work?
They enable you to send your customers links with a coupon code embedded in the URL. Once they open the link, they will have the coupon already applied in their checkout.
For 100% discounts, you can also grant free access without requiring payment details from the user.
When to create a one-click coupon?
One-click coupons streamline special offer redemption, which may be super important for broadcasters in the following use cases:
- Easily granting free access (100% discount coupons) to specific groups of customers, such as your most loyal fans, club owners, executives, and other VIPs
- Optimizing marketing campaigns.
How to set up a one-click coupon campaign?
- Follow the regular coupon campaign creation process described above, just mind Step 7 of the guide above:
- If you’re creating a 100% discount coupon and you want to provide a VIP experience, make sure you don’t require payment details at checkout. To do that, leave the “User should enter payment details” checkbox unselected. (Note: 100% discount coupons can be applied for seasonal subscriptions, however, they must be restricted to one use per user.)
- Depending on your integration method follow the instructions for:
Coupons and free trials
If your offer comes with a 'free trial period' and a first-time viewer applies a coupon code at the checkout, the trial period will be canceled and the discounted coupon will take effect instead.
Difference between Number of uses per user and Expires per activation
- Number of uses per user lets you define how many times one unique buyer / unique email address will be able to use the coupon in the checkout.
- We use this for Non-recurring offers so the system can detect how many times each viewer can use the coupon code.
- We use Billing cycles for Recurring Offers as the system already detects it's for a subscription and each user can only use the coupon code once per period (monthly, weekly, or annual).
2. Max usage (Expires per activation) helps you end your campaign after your selected number of uses. Max. usage parameter refers to the total number of times that a coupon code can be used across all users. It is applied to set a limit on the total number of uses of the coupon campaign and helps to end the campaign after a certain number of uses has been reached.
Coupon Campaigns Tab
On this page, you will see your generated coupons campaigns and the specific details in it, including the campaign name, type of offers the campaign is applicable on, discount percentage, total coupons, total redeemed coupons, tags, and offers applied (if applicable), expiry dates and actions (if it was ended or active).
Coupon Campaigns must be effectively managed to receive the greatest benefit. Cleeng Core's Coupon Campaign is key to developing your coupon strategy that will surely improve your business.
Explore more insights on how to use coupons (plus some great tips & tactics).
For more information on coupon campaign setup, please refer to the articles below.
- How to Deactivate and Update Coupon Campaigns
- How can I set up a coupon campaign for new subscriptions only?
- How can I set up a coupon campaign for my existing subscriptions only?
- How can I set up a coupon campaign for all subscriptions (new and existing)?