This article explains why and how to set up coupon campaigns. A short video will give you an overview of coupon campaigns.
Why coupon campaigns?
In the OTT Industry, it's no secret that viewers like to get discounts or coupon codes. With so many different coupon combinations to use, Cleeng Core's Coupon Campaign allows you to offer an effective small advertisement that will surely help you attract more viewers, increase sales and improve customer retention.
With Cleeng Core, we always make sure that both viewers and broadcasters will benefit from our services. Below are a few reasons why having Coupon Campaign is beneficial for you:
- Increase sales. Discounted coupon codes will surely attract more viewers.
- Increase branding and awareness. Distributing coupon codes will expose your brand more and will serve as a small advertisement which you can spread.
- Get back churned users. With considerable discounts, you can entice churned users into subscribing back.
- Improved customer retention. Having users start their subscription with a coupon code gains their trust with your brand and encourages them to stay as a loyal subscriber.
How to create a Coupon Campaign?
- Log in to your Cleeng Dashboard.
- Go to the Coupon Management tab under the Offers & Coupons section.
- Enter your Campaign name.
- Decide on the number of coupon codes: You can choose to create either one coupon or multiple coupon codes.
5. Select to which offers the codes should be applicable (Campaign applicable on). This refers to the type of offer you would like your coupon to be associated with. (Is it on all your content, a recurring offer, or a single offer?)
6. Select which offer you'll restrict campaign to. This refers to the restriction of a coupon to a particular offer. You have to simply enter the offer IDs you will be associating the campaign with. (To get the ID, go to the Offers tab under the Offers & Coupons section and copy the offer ID).
You can select to restrict the campaign to offers with particular tags, then simply enter the tags.
You can leave it empty if you want to apply it for all offers.
7. Discount: You can decide on the discount percentage you wish to give to your subscribers in this field.
8. Expires: This will determine whether you want the coupons to expire on a certain date or upon activation during the checkout.
9. Lastly, click on Generate Coupons and then go to the Coupon campaigns tab to activate the campaign.
Difference between Number of uses per user and Expires per activation
- Number of uses per user lets you define how many times one unique buyer / unique email address will be able to use the coupon in the checkout.
- We use this for Non-recurring offers so the system can detect how many times each viewer can use the coupon code.
- We use Billing cycles for Recurring Offers as the system already detects it's for a subscription and each user can only use the coupon code once per period (monthly, weekly or annual).
2. Expires per activation - Max usage helps you end your campaign after your selected number of uses.
Max usage refers to the total number of how many times a coupon code can be used for all users.
For example, you have 30 users and you will create a coupon for a subscription. Each user can use up the coupon code for a period of 6 months. Here’s how you will set it up:
Billing cycles = 6
Max usage = (30*6) =180
We have to multiply the total number of users by the total number of billing cycles. In this way, 30 users can use up the coupon code for 6 months.
If your offer comes with a 'free trial period' and a first-time viewer applies a coupon code at the checkout, the trial period will be canceled and the discounted coupon will take effect instead.
Coupon Campaigns Tab
On this page, you will see your generated coupons campaigns and the specific details in it, including the campaign name, type of offers the campaign is applicable on, discount percentage, total coupons, total redeemed coupons, tags and offers applied (if applicable), expiry dates and actions (if it was ended or active).
Coupon Campaigns must be effectively managed to receive the greatest benefit. Cleeng Core's Coupon Campaign is a key to developing your coupon strategy that will surely improve your business.
Read a blog post we wrote that gives more insights on how to use coupons (plus some great tips & tactics).
For more information on coupon campaign setup, please refer to the articles below.
- How to Deactivate and Update Coupon Campaigns
- How can I set up a coupon campaign for new subscriptions only?
- How can I set up a coupon campaign for my existing subscriptions only?
- How can I set up a coupon campaign for all subscriptions (new and existing)?