The MediaStore SDK has been built upon four main touchpoints as described below.
- Identity management
- Viewer Support (Please note that viewer support works only with a Hi5 license.)
These will empower you to build and design a frictionless checkout process, help visitors become subscribers seamlessly and then help your customers to manage their subscription to your service in an intuitive and trusted manner.
When a viewer wants to subscribe to your OTT package, they will need to go through specific steps:
- setting up an account
- choosing the package
- entering a coupon
- entering payment details
After subscribing, viewers can manage their subscriptions by changing plans, updating profile details, and managing consents.
All these features are provided in MediaStore SDK.
Advantages of using MediaStore SDK
- It ensures a best-practice checkout for optimal conversion, including supporting free trials, coupons, and being compliant with T&C and GDPR.
- It gives you a choice of integration method that best suits you: MediaStore SDK Components Library - a simplified setup to be used with React.JS or API integration that requires more coding knowledge but gives you more control.
- You can alter the look and feel of the page quite easily. MediaStore SDK provides a lot of flexibility in the design, positioning, and language of all of its elements.
- The page automatically adapts to the screen size of your viewer's device, since it is a responsive page.
- Your pages will work on desktops, tablets, and mobile phones. In short, any device that uses a web browser.
MediaStore SDK consists of modules, as described below.
Identity management caters to authentication needs by providing the login form, the registration form (with consent approval), and the ability to reset a password.
This ultimate checkout application is implemented as a full flow for a user, with payment by PayPal Express or by card (possible through Adyen). These payment methods are all integrated and work seamlessly with our API. You can add other payment methods, but it will require additional work for you (building a connector).
Our checkout flow contains two main components:
- Offer display
Offer details display information about the trial, coupon codes application, and price breakdown.
Dynamically loaded payment methods with Adyen and PayPal Express Checkout integration (as an example payment integration) and a "Thank you" page after the successful purchase of an offer.
My Account is a solution for viewers to manage their subscriptions. It is divided into three sections with the following features:
- It provides details about the viewer's current plans with an option to unsubscribe from the active subscription.
It provides customers with:
- information about the current payment method
- an option to see their list of transactions.
It gives customers the ability to:
- update first name, last name, and email ID provided during the registration process
- change the existing password
- manage all consents, including marketing consents.
Product of Hi5!
Please note that viewer support works only with a Hi5 license. To procure the Hi5 license, please reach out to your Account Manager(AM). If you do not have an AM allotted, kindly reach out to our Broadcaster Success Specialists team.
Note that viewer support with the MediaStore SDK is a beta version. We are continuously working to improve and add more functionalities to the existing product portfolio. If you want to have the custom-made Viewer Support as shown below, please check with your respective Account Manager.
The viewer support section helps you to take care of your customers; it provides means for them to reach out to you when they encounter specific issues when they are using your service. Yet we offer full flexibility to make sure that the design is well-aligned with your brand and need.
By leveraging the viewer support section, you will be able to use the following functionalities:
Branded FAQ center:
Ensure your customers can find the answers they are looking for.
The chatbox will help your customer find answers in a quicker manner.
Your customer can submit a request directly from your help center.
If you need more information, please refer to Hi5.
Do I need to pay to use the MediaStore SDK?
For our existing clients, those who are using Cleeng Core, you wouldn’t need to pay to use the solution. All you need to do is allocate your developing resources to follow the integration steps of the MediaStoreSDK.
Can I change my consent display in the checkout?
Yes, you can decide which consent to present by changing the setting through Cleeng Admin or API.
How MyAccount handles in-app users?
In-app users can use the same credentials to log in to MyAccount and see information about their subscriptions.
How do Cleeng Merchant clients use MediaStoreSDK?
If you are using Cleeng Merchant, which means Cleeng is the MoR (Merchant of Record), you get a choice between Adyen and Paypal. You also have the possibility to choose both of them. Based on your preference, we will process your transactions through Adyen and/or PayPal.
How do Cleeng Core clients use MediaStoreSDK?
If you are on Cleeng Core only, meaning you are the Merchant of Record (learn more about the difference between merchant and non-merchant), you get to choose between two options:
- You can build your connector using Cleeng Core APIs.
- In many cases, you can use one of the existing Cleeng connectors after some additional setup on our side.
In both cases, we recommend you reach out to our sales team or your Account Manager at Cleeng.
- You might want to read about the Supported Features
- For more information related to integration, please refer to our Developer Portal
- To see real-life examples of how our clients integrated the product into their solutions, please visit User Reference.