Cleeng's Merchant solution simplifies payment processing for OTT services by offering new payment methods, enhanced accessibility, scalability, and security with consistent updates.
The last update to the Cleeng payment connector allows Merchant users to easily turn on new payment methods – Apple Pay and Google Pay – with little or no development.
A quick guide to enabling new payment methods
We prepared a step-by-step guide that will run you and your technical team through the steps necessary to securely integrate your platform with Adyen and activate new payment methods.
Step 1: Setup by Cleeng
Simply, get in touch with our Broadcaster Support team and let them know about the payment method(s) you want to add. Depending on the method(s) you choose, there are some additional details we’ll need for the setup. Check this table to see what kind of information we’ll need from you.
Step 2: Ensure the recurring payments work with your payment method(s)
- Configure dunning action settings for your payment methods. When Cleeng is your Merchant of Record, they remain with default values, so it’s only about simple configuration.
- Subscribe to Adyen webhooks and verify your setup following this list.
Step 3: Setup by Broadcaster
There are two options to leverage the new payment methods:
- Option 1: MS SDK components
The easiest and fastest integration method is using MS SDK components. In that case, you only need to upgrade to the latest version of our components.
We strongly recommend using MS SDK components in your application. The components give us the possibility to enrich your platform with new features that viewers love, once saving on the development time and streamlining your platform growth.
If you are new to MediaStore SDK, start with the Integration Guide.
- Option 2: MS SDK API
For clients using the MS SDK API, we provide a set of new endpoints to integrate with Adyen payment methods. In that case, there are four actions on your end:
- Replace your old Card component with the Adyen Drop-in component (see the Drop-in integration guide) and complete the setup for the payment method(s) of your choice (Card, Apple Pay, and/or Google Pay)
- Replace requests to the deprecated endpoints with the new Adyen endpoints
- Test the new solution on the sandbox
- When all payment methods are tested successfully, go live following the checklist prepared by our developers
Planning your migration
The new integration with Adyen, including new payment methods – Apple Pay and Google Pay – is already available for all Merchant users. Hence you can start the integration process anytime.
If you are using the previous Adyen connector, ensure to plan your migration timely. The old connector will be deprecated in Q3 2023. After this, you will no longer be able to process payments using the old connector. In case you foresee any issues, please reach out to your account manager at Cleeng for support.
Your payout process remains unchanged. Once you enable Apple Pay and/or Google Pay in your checkout, the funds are collected automatically and will be released as part of your next monthly payout.