What is a pass?
Passes work in a similar way to live events but are commonly used for sporting events, conferences, or seminars and provide viewers with access to many events under one fee for a limited period of time.
Imagine yourself organizing a season of boxing fights and you want your fans to be able to access them all – paying only once. You can achieve this by using Cleeng Live pass functionality!
You can create a pass offer within a dashboard in a few minutes.
Step-by-step setup guide
Log in to your Cleeng account.
Click on the Offers tab under the Offers & Coupons section in the left menu. From here you will be able to create new offers and edit the existing ones.
Click Create offer.
Step 1. Select offer type
Choose an offer type that you want to create. In this case, click a tile with Pass. Click Next to proceed to the second step.
Step 2. Provide offer information
1. Enter the basic information about your offer (only the title is required):
- Title (required) - give the name to the offer; it will be visible to your customers. If you don’t want to add any of the optional information, jump straight to Step 3.
- Thumbnail URL (optional) - you can add a URL for an image that a web app can display for this offer, e.g. in the checkout
- Description (optional) - here you can add a longer teaser for the offer if you want to display it in your web app
- Add tags (optional) - tagging an offer controls which categories a customer will gain access to. By default, all offers are created with the tag “all”. You can learn more about using tags.
- App store product IDs (optional) - this allows you to match an existing in-app version of your offer with Cleeng's platform. Read more about connecting your In-App offers with Cleeng.
- Custom params (optional) - these allow you to add your own data to an offer and are only shown to customers if you choose to do so.
2. Click Next to proceed.
Step 3. Provide pricing information
1. Enter the information about pricing (only the access expiry date and price are required):
- Access expiry date (required) - choose when the access for this pass expires. You can choose an option from a dropdown menu or specify an end date.
- Price (required) - enter the price for this offer. The currency here is based on your default currency. Cleeng converts the price to customers' preferred currency by using an auto-detect feature.
If you don’t want to add any of the optional information, jump to the next step.
- Geo restrictions (optional) - use it to limit content access to specific countries. You can either select Allow in or Block in and choose the countries from the drop-down list. By default, no geo restrictions are applied - content is available everywhere. Read more about geo targeting.
2. Click Next.
Step 4. Add localizations
This step is optional. You can find out more in Creating offer localizations.
If you want to adjust the offer you’re creating to customers in different countries, you can create localized versions in the Localization section. For each country you select, you can adjust: title, price, currency, description, and free trial period.
Depending on what is more convenient for you, choose one of these options:
- Add One - choose it if you want to adjust the offer for one or a few countries from different regions. You’ll get a pop-up as below:
- Add Multiple - choose this option if you want to adjust the offer for more countries from one region (e.g. Europe):
- Select the region
- Select countries (you can tick the option Select all to bulk-mark all, or just tick the countries you want)
- Click Add local offers
- Once they are added, you can adjust local settings: click the Edit button next to each country and make your adjustments. (If at this point you decide to remove a localized offer, you can click the Delete button to do it).
1. Review your offer.
Note: When you click Finish setup, you won’t be able to delete the offer in the dashboard, however, you will be able to deactivate it.
2. Once you’re happy with your newly created offer, click Finish setup.
3. You’ll see the summary of the settings for the pass offer you just created.
Your offer will have its ID assigned (e.g. P123456789_PL). Offer localizations will have respective country codes added (e.g. P123456789_NL for the Netherlands).
On the right side of the screen, you can see a menu with actions you can take, for example editing the offer or creating checkout.
If you’re setting up an offer for the first time, continue below to find out about creating checkout.
Select the Create checkout option from the menu on the right side of the screen. It will trigger a popup with a few-step instruction.