What is TVOD?
TVOD (Transactional Video on Demand) is the opposite of SVOD (Subscription Video on Demand), so there is no recurring billing (customers are not charged on a regular basis) for access to your content.
With TVOD offers your customers pay just once and:
- have unlimited access to content (e.g. they pay once and get access to all training materials for a given course)
- have access for a specified time - rental period (e.g. a customer pays once and “borrows” a movie for 48 hours).
You can also decide not to charge customers for the access at all, then you just create a free offer with either a specified time or unlimited access.
- Log in to your account.
- Select offer type.
- Provide basic information (the title at the least).
- Provide pricing information (at least the access period and price (if it’s a paid ticket)).
- Optionally, add offer localizations.
The offer creation process consists of 4 main steps - they correspond to 4 sections in the offer setup wizard in the dashboard. Let’s go to the dashboard to get started:
1. Log in to your Cleeng account.
2. Click on the Offers tab under the Offers & Coupons section on the left menu of your dashboard. From here you can create new TVOD offers and edit the existing ones.
3. Click Create offer.
Step 1. Select offer type
1. Select TVOD. A pop-up with additional information about this type of offer will appear.
2. Click Next.
Step 2. Provide offer information
1. Enter the basic information about your offer (only the title is required):
- Title (required) - give the name to the offer; it will be visible to your customers. If you don’t want to add any of the optional information, jump straight to Step 3.
- Thumbnail URL (optional) - you can add a URL for an image that a web app can display for this offer, e.g. in the checkout
- Description (optional) - here you can add a longer teaser for the offer if you want to display it in your web app
- Add tags (optional) - tagging an offer controls which categories a customer will gain access to. By default, all offers are created with the tag “all”. You can learn more about using tags.
- App store product IDs (optional) - this allows you to match an existing in-app version of your offer with Cleeng's platform. Read more about connecting your In-App offers with Cleeng.
- Custom params (optional) - these allow you to add your own data to an offer, and are only shown to customers if you choose to do so.
2. Click Next.
Step 3. Provide pricing information
1. Enter the information about pricing (only access and price (if it’s a paid offer) are required):
- Free or Paid - decide if access to your offer should be free or paid
- Price (required if it’s a paid offer) - enter the price for this offer.
- Access (required) - choose how long customers should have access to your TVOD offer: unlimited access, 48 hours, 72 hours, 7 days, 30 days, or 90 days
If you don’t want to add any of the optional information, jump straight to Step 4.
- Geo restrictions (optional) - use it to limit content access to specific countries. You can either select Allow in or Block in and choose the countries from the drop-down list. By default, no geo restrictions are applied - content is available everywhere.
2. Click Next.
Step 4. Add localizations
This step is optional. You can find out more in Creating offer localizations.
If you want to adjust the offer you’re creating to customers in different countries, you can create localized versions in the Localization section. For each country you select, you can adjust the title, price, currency, description, and free trial period.
Depending on what is more convenient for you, choose one of these options:
- Add One - choose it if you want to adjust the offer for one or a few countries from different regions.
- Add Multiple - choose this option if you want to adjust the offer for more countries from one region (e.g. Europe):
- Select the region.
- Select countries (you can tick the option Select all to bulk-mark all, or just tick the countries you want).
- Click Add local offers.
- Once they are added, you can adjust local settings: click the Edit button next to each country and make your adjustments. (If at this point you decide to remove a localized offer, you can click the Delete button to do it).
1. Review your offer.
Note: When you click Finish setup, you won’t be able to delete the offer in the dashboard, however, you will be able to deactivate it.
2. Once you’re happy with your newly created offer, click Finish setup.
3. You’ll see the summary of the settings for the TVOD offer you just created.
Your offer will have its ID assigned (e.g. R123456789_PL). Offer localizations will have respective country codes added (e.g. R123456789_CA for Canada).
On the right side of the screen, you can see a menu with actions you can take, for example editing the offer or creating checkout.
If you’re setting up an offer for the first time, continue below to find out about creating checkout.
Select the Create checkout option from the menu on the right side of the screen. It will trigger a popup with a few-step instruction.