Welcome to Cleeng - a Subscriber Retention Management platform for Media and OTT businesses.
This article serves to show you around and make you comfortable with our environment. Here you’ll get to know key Cleeng concepts as well as directions to all the useful places and information on your journey with Cleeng.
Cleeng Subscription Retention Management will help your OTT business grow and become successful. You can refer to the specific product-devoted sections of the Help Center for details:
- Cleeng Core - Subscriber Management System designed for Media
- Cleeng ChurnIQ - Actionable Subscriber Data Platform
- Cleeng Merchant - Convenient web-store purchase management
- Cleeng Hi5 - Cloud-based, AI-enhanced customer care
- Cleeng Live PPV solution
Explore & Test
Want to play around and explore our features? Create a sandbox account and have fun!
The sandbox account will be also necessary for testing your integration with Cleeng before going live and working in your production environment. You’re welcome to find out more about Cleeng Sandbox and Production Environments.
Support & Documentation
Depending on your need, you have the following options to look for information and support:
- Help Center - you are here now. It is the first resort, a useful resource for you and your team. Use the inbuilt Search functionality to look for specific items, or check the menu on the left to see the sections devoted to our products (Cleeng Core, Cleeng ChurnIQ, Cleeng Merchant, or Cleeng Hi5), as well as our Live PPV solution, 3rd-party integrations, account management or compliance.
- Developers Portal - a robust set of developer tools: API Tutorials and API Reference to give you all guidance that you need on our APIs
- Integrations - the place to visit and explore if you want to integrate Cleeng with other services and apps and create a complete subscriber management ecosystem
- If you still cannot find what you’re looking for or have questions about your recent integration, you can contact our friendly Broadcaster Success Specialists Team. You can also reach out to our Sales Team if you want to discuss your subscriber management needs.
Your customers and the user experience they get is crucial for your business. For customer onboarding, you might need the following items. Let’s see below for details.
Checkout is a key place in your website - this is where visitors to your website convert into customers. Cleeng provides the MediaStore SDK open-source solution that enables developers to build and customize a frictionless checkout experience to engage users.
Add a self-service "My Account" to your website leveraging the MediaStore SDK. Let your customers make changes themselves: manage subscription plans, payment methods, and profile details, including consents to marketing communication and terms & conditions, and many more.
We recommend going with Cleeng being Merchant of Record* (MoR), as it will reduce the huge burden of you building a payment connector from scratch. With Cleeng being MoR, you get to choose among the two market-leading payment providers Adyen and PayPal Express to process web transactions. All it takes to call exact methods to process the payments and the rest will be handled at Cleeng backend.
If you are not into Cleeng Merchant, you can use the Cleeng Payment API that has been built to integrate with all kinds of payment gateways using the designated connectors. You can read more about assembling a payment connector on the Developers Portal.
Cleeng has existing integration with a few payment gateways which you can find out more about on our Integrations page.
It’s worth noting that Cleeng supports In-App integrations, such as iOS, Android, Roku, Amazon FireTV. Allow viewers to purchase on native apps, and ensure they can watch everywhere. In a smart and robust way, Cleeng handles entitlements across platforms and provides analytics of your subscriber data. Follow the Payments on Mobile & TV Apps guide to integrate in-app payments.
* Merchant of Record (MoR) is an entity that is authorized, and held liable, by a financial institution to process a consumer’s credit card and debit transactions on your behalf. Beyond accepting payments, an MoR also ensures your business is compliant with tax laws (local and global) and maintains relationships with financial institutions.
Integration with Cleeng
Typical integration and deployment time ranges from 1 week (web-only, standard SVOD, small organizations) to maximum 3 months for full and complex deployments (multi-device, complex business model, large corporations).
Meet Cleeng Dashboard - the tool that you’ll be using over and over again.
The Dashboard sections are:
- Financial Performance
- Retention Journey
- Offers & Coupons
- Admin & Tools
For a start, you’ll need the Admin & Tools section to make the initial settings such as:
- Create your API key
- Add admin accounts for your team members
- Update your company profile
- Add your branding
- Add bank details (Note: it’s only for Cleeng Merchant)
It’s worth pointing out that ChurnIQ Analytics - an actionable subscriber data platform designed for OTT & Media businesses - is built to centralize the key events in the subscriber lifecycle in one place, a place we call the Retention Journey. Its aim is to maximize your ability to track and influence your conversion, retention, and growth performance.
Why are you here? Of course, to monetize your content! You can do this with Cleeng’s content monetization tool in the Dashboard > Offers & Coupons > Offers section.
To find out about the types of offers supported in Cleeng, see What is a Cleeng offer? Not only can you create subscriptions, passes, live pay-per-view, or TVOD offers here, but you can also create coupons. They are perfect for promoting your content and attracting viewers, as well as retaining your subscribers. You can do it in the Dashboard > Offers & Coupons > Coupon Management section.
When you’re done with end-user onboarding or dashboard configurations, Cleeng further supports you with your business. Below are some more “good-to-know” items to make your journey with Cleeng as smooth as possible.
Switching to Cleeng will mean migration of your subscriber base? You’re in luck: Cleeng has a lot of experience in customer and payment data migrations. So you can rest assured that we will help you to conduct a smooth transition from your existing tools to Cleeng. For more information, please see the following article: Migrating my existing SVOD platform to Cleeng.
Connect easily to your ecosystem and find out more about 3rd party Integrations. Explore connections for web payments, payments on mobile and TV apps, ID management tools, customer care tools, and more.
Do you want to be sure what going live would look like for you? Our Go live checklist is the place to go. Even at the beginning of the journey, it’s good to see what’s there in front of you. And it’s important to come back to it once you’re getting ready for production.
Terms to know
Whenever you need, you’re welcome to visit our Glossary.
On this page, you can check the platform availability in real-time. Our smart engineers are working every moment to bring the best experience for you.
To keep up-to-date with our latest releases visit our Release Notes Hub.